I am proud to serve as Monrovia’s Mayor for the past six years, one of the most challenging financial periods in our city’s history. A steady, consistent hand on the helm has pulled us through these hard times with our finances secure, our homes and streets safe and our future as bright as ever.
My area-wide involvement, including work on such issues as water quality, energy and waste management, has helped bring Monrovia new businesses, new programs and new funding, leveraging and strengthening the community’s resources and maintaining its role as a regional leader. It is important that we continue that long-standing policy of regional engagement if we are to maintain the advances we’ve made and the opportunities we’ve identified.
I see great things ahead for Monrovia!
- Crime is down, the lowest in decades!
- Our budget is balanced.
- We have come through hard times with minimal disruption and our economy is growing again. Nearly 200 new businesses were added to the tax base last year!
- The Gold Line and Station Square are under construction after decades of hard work.
- Our playgrounds are getting new equipment.
- Master plans for sewer and water upgrades are in the works, and
- A comprehensive, affordable and citywide program of sidewalk, street, curb and gutter improvements is on the drawing boards.
The opportunities for Monrovia are as great today as they have ever been. We have the team, the support, the commitment and the momentum to make the next few years truly special in our community and I look forward to helping lead that great effort.
Mayor Mary Ann Lutz